Daniel Wilson – BBC Head of Policy
Ali Law – Sky Head of Policy
Dan Brooke – Channel 4 Chief Marketing and Communications Officer
I was delighted the Shadow Secretary of State was in attendance. As a result of that meeting I have written to the Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn outlining the major areas of concern for Labour MPs. The summary of which is below. The key point raised was the unhelpful attacks on the BBC at a time of Charter renewal in effect helping Tory critics of the organisation who wish to see it undermined.
Future items for discussion
2. The future of printed media and Leveson – Hacked Off, IPSO to attend
3. Openness, accountability and anti-corruption in sport: The Qatar World Cup, FIFA & IAAA – FA, FIFA and perhaps a sports personality to attend?
4. Data security, privacy and online safety – ISP representative, National Crime Agency to attend, CT
5. The future of arts and the creative industries – Arts Council, Advertising Association to attend
6. Superfast Broadband and Connectivity in the UK – BT, FSB to attend
7. The future of the gambling industry – Adrian Parkinson, one of the big bookies to attend.
… Football governance
Graham Jones MP
Chair of DCMS PLP Committee