Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Donated £150 books to Mount Carmel

I recently went to visit Mount Carmel High School. A comprehensive secondary school focusing on technology and design.

The catchment area is one of the most deprived in Britain. The staff and head were brilliant and the school has a bright future which such energy and enthusiasm.

The art department was a basket of creativity. The artwork was far superior to students in my day and I went to a school at the opposite end of the comprehensive demographic. I was amazed at the effort and skill.

Having spent 20 years in pre-print and design I decided to spend £150 on some new inspirational design books by David Carson and Neville Brody.

Carson and Brody have set the design template for every other designer in print or, film or television for the last 20 years. I know they find the books inspirational.

Making an effort for our young people is one of the best things I can do as MP.