Monday, 4 March 2013

Campaign for Peel Park to become a nature reserve goes on


As MP for Hyndburn and also a local resident living close to the area known locally as ‘The Coppice’ I would like to offer my support to the Friends of Arden Hall, Peel Park and The Coppice and their bid to improve the bio-diversity of the area.

The Coppice is a valuable asset to our area and enhancing the bio-diversity of such a large piece of countryside and also improving access so that people can appreciate this bio-diversity will further enhance our asset.

I have a personal interest in the site having been one of the original members of the Friends of group when they were formed with the help of the Lancashire Wildlife Trust back in early 2004 and since then have seen many improvements made. I do believe the area is slowly transforming into the vision set out in the masterplan developed for the area through public consultation. I myself attending several meetings with designers and other interested parties as the masterplan developed.

I look forward to hearing the outcome of this application and would be proud to one day have Lancashire’s Largest Nature Reserve in my constituency.