My Money Week will improve young people’s financial skills, knowledge and confidence through special lessons, activities and debates in schools and other settings across the UK. Teachers in Hyndburn can order a free Activity Pack, developed by pfeg, full of creative and engaging financial resources and ideas for how to deliver financial education to young people, from the age of four up to 19. Young people in Hyndburn can also take part in the ‘A-Z of Money’, a national competition challenging them to learn more about money through creative writing.
Tracey Bleakley, chief executive of pfeg (Personal Finance Education Group), said: “We are absolutely delighted to have the support of Graham Jones MP in promoting My Money Week this year, and I hope all schools in Hyndburn will seize the opportunity to take part through our free activity pack, advice and support.”
My Money Week 2013 will also raise awareness of Barclays’ flagship UK community programme, Barclays Money Skills, and provide opportunities for Barclays employees to share their financial expertise and skills with young people in teacher-led My Money Week activities in local schools. In addition, this year will see extra resources targeted towards disadvantaged young people in both the school environment and the wider community.
Ashok Vaswani, CEO UK and Retail Business Banking at Barclays, said: “It has never been more important for young people, particularly those who are vulnerable, to be able to access the support they need to learn about money. Having sound financial skills and being confident in managing money is critical to everyday living and achieving future goals.”Since the first My Money Week in 2009, more than three million young people have been helped to understand more about money and personal finance through focused activities in schools. In 2012 around 500,000 young people took part in My Money Week activities, with 99 percent of teachers reporting an increase in skills and knowledge and 91 percent of teachers reporting a shift in students’ attitudes towards money.
Teachers in Hyndburn can pre-order their free My Money Week Activity Packs at www.pfeg.org/mymoneyweek
For more information about My Money Week contact Matt Hartley at pfeg on 020 7330 9478 or 07730 141519 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About My Money Week 2013
· My Money Week is taking place in schools throughout England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland from 3rd June – 9th June 2013
· My Money Week is a financial education programme developed and executed by pfeg (Personal Finance Education Group), the UK’s leading financial education charity. My Money Week 2013 has been made possible by funding from Barclays
· Over the last four years the week has become the most widely recognised personal finance education initiative in England, and has helped a total of more than three million children and young people understand more about money
· For more information see www.pfeg.org/mymoneyweek or contact Matt Hartley at pfeg on 020 7330 9478 or 07730 141519 or email email@example.com
· pfeg (Personal Finance Education Group) is the UK’s leading financial education charity. pfeg’s vision is a society in which all children and young people have the skills, knowledge and confidence to manage their money well, now and in the future.
· pfeg supports schools and colleges by providing free expert advice and high quality educational resources that engage and inspire young people.
· Pfeg is the UK’s most trusted provider of knowledge, support and resources for anyone teaching children and young people about money
· For more information see www.pfeg.org or contact Matt Hartley on 020 7330 9478 or 07730 141519 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
pfeg is registered at 14 Bonhill St, London EC2A 4BX, company no. 3943766, charity no.1081639