Monday, 14 March 2016

Accrington Victoria to be part of 12 month review of primary care


Spoke with Dr Mike Ions former CEO of East Lancs CCG (still involved) over rumours of the impending closure of the health access centre (HAC or Walk in Centre) at Accrington Victoria.

Contract will be extended to April 2017 pending a review of primary care starting April 2016. In other words a major reconfiguration. 

I believe the HAC should remain open and I have expressed my view to the CCG as I have little faith in the reconfiguration given Governments mishandling of NHS, the goal to simply save money and the out of touch idea that GPs are the answer to everything. 

I intend to promote the consultation and participate in the debate.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1337380409610710&id=100000162901108&ref=bookmark